summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

i'm not garlotte, i'm mama!

Oh, to be three years old. She can go into her little world so easily. She is mama today. The babies she plays with never have clothes on, despite THIS mama's efforts. The entire livingroom has that "make pretend" atmosphere on this cloudy gloomy day. Suzanne stayed home from school today. For some reason, she was just having a tough time getting out the door today, tears about this and tears about that. So, I let her stay home. She bloomed as soon as that bus drove away. She is as happy as they come. She is the one orchestrating the livingroom into their house. There are a few families that live in here, apparently. Charlotte Claire is making a bed for her and her doggy and her baby. She said, "Mama's going to gover up..", and she covered up. (sounds good to me....I could go back to bed...)

It is chilly this morning, so I made them French Toast and sausage, and hot cocoa. It seems easy to cook for just 5 of us. French Toast for the whole family takes a long time, even with the big griddle.

So, puppies, puppies, puppies. The go SO fast on craigslist. And I have been warned by a very nice lady who trains dogs to watch out for dogs that may have "issues", being sold or given on craigslist. That does make sense.

Oh, these guys are so funny. It is also bothering Jon that Charlotte Claire's dolly has no clothes. He is telling her that newborns always need clothes, and HAVE to be wrapped in blankets!

They are camping out on their blankets, with sippy cups of cocoa, and Suze is telling them stories. It is the funniest thing to hear Jon calling Charlotte Claire, "Mommy"....Suze must be the gramma. She DOES have my mother's nightgown on. I totally love seeing her wear it. My mother wore it ALL the time. It reminds us all of Gramma so much.

Uh-oh, they got the Ker-Plunk! game out!!! Trouble is ahead. I can just feel it. Camille is apparently not listening. Duh!

Today, we are planning a big outing. I am sort of feeling up to it. We are going to the big toy store. I looked on-line, and they have a few bikes marked down. See, Paul drove the truck around the side of the house last night to calk some known wasp spots that he has recently sprayed. The ladder won't reach, but it will if he puts it in the back of the truck. Well, to make this a short story, he ran over Sonja's bike. Oops. I was not happy, because it could have been.....but he said, no, he knew where all the kids were when he was driving.....okay. Anyway, we sort of owe her a new bike. And I promised Jon one for his birthday. So.....and, we need groceries again. Not tons of stuff, but still.....and, it is cloudy today, so Miss Mirielle that sun-lover, who has no classes in the afternoons, has agreed to go with us today. Tomorrow is out, it is supposed to be 70 and sunny.....so off we go.

I am not overly enthusiastic about bringing Jonathan Robert into the toy store. He just gets so hopeful! He behaves and behaves, and then something or other breaks the camel's back, and he has the inevitable breakdown. It is just so overstimulating for him, all of the possiblities. So I am thinking that even if the cheap bike is not there, I may buy him one anyway. Either that, or run in by myself, leaving him in the van with Mirielle. Then I can just tell him there aren't any good bikes if the cheap one is out of stock....hmm.

Time to get some good bye-bye clothes out for the kids, gather some snacks, and hit the road....

2 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

In the picture below, Camille looks cold...she had to be re-dressed because of the spaghetti we had for dinner....and the blue birthday lollipop that Sonja shared with her didn't help, either. She looks freezing! The story: she escaped from me and got her favorite purse again, Kathryn's. I got the camera before I dressed her....

Martha said...

I doubt you let your children run around naked when its freezing. She is awfully cute that way though.