summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 8, 2010

afternoon coffee break

I complain about my dog Rosie because she is really bad. She got outside today and went straight to the neighbors' house. She did not come home on her own accord, so Joseph went and dragged her home. But....the sweet side of Rosie: Charlotte Claire was having a cinnamon raisin bagel, in Rosie's cage, with Rosie in there. I just think it is funny that she listens to a child that is way smaller than her. She didn't even put her nose near the bagel. She loves Charlotte Claire, and Charlotte Claire loves her.

Today I thought I would vacuum the kitchen....I had to keep my eyes on the girls too, of course, which is hard because one of the things I like about vacuuming is the way it drowns everything out....anyway, I notice them heading towards the bathroom....by the time I got there, Camille had taken her poopy diaper off because she "HAD TO GO PEE!!" I cleaned her up and decided to give the two of them a bath. Of course I couldn't just return to vacuuming and let them take a bath by themselves, so I cleaned the bathroom instead. Then I got them dressed and gave them cookies and milk, and did the vacuuming. By that time, Camille was saying, "I want you Mommy, I NEED you, Mommy..", so I told her as soon as I washed the kitchen floor I would read to her....anyways, she fell asleep on me, then woke up when I put her in her little green bed.

I don't even know what my point was. I guess it is that even though I only have two sweet little kids here and one bad dog, and I am going in circles. I love it that they want me though.

Tomorrow is "Free Grand Slam Breakfast At Denny's Day"......I just might go. Abigail and Joseph and Charlotte Claire and Camille, and I. hmm, it is legal to keep all the kids out of school to go to Denny's? It is from 6am to 2pm. I don't know if I will really go, it will probably be crowded.

Mirielle brought home apples and oranges and pears and cantaloupe and milk from Aldi. And tomatoes. It all looks so yummy on the counter, and I am thankful for it. The apples and oranges are only $1.39 and $1.49. Not bad at all.

The kids are watching "Arthur", and it is distracting. I just heard the burner turn on in the kitchen, and I yelled "What are you making?", and Mirielle said, "Nothing"....I said, "Don't tell me nothing!"...she is making cafe au lait. yum. It is SO cold out, 19 degrees. I cannot send the kids out there to play. So on days like today, I don't mind if they watch "Arthur".....

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

The chaos is great, isn't it! That's what I need--some hot, sweet tea. That is my treat on a hectic day, which is most days.