summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 22, 2010

headache day...

I should have taken some ibuprofen before bed last night, I should know by now. I thought my head just ached from the long day....

I couldn't sleep, it ached so badly...but anyone who has had a migraine headache knows that when one gets up and walks, the pounding is enough to make one throw-up. I finally got up to take that ibuprofen, and it was FIVE o'clock! Rats. I got back in bed, and oh my goodness agony....it hurt so badly....I tried to think calm thoughts, because even when stressful thoughts crossed my mind, it made my head pound. And it is not exactly relaxing to know that the clock is ticking, ticking, ticking, and the kids have to be woken up for school in just a few hours.....when I was sort of relaxing and starting to drift, Miss Camille started crying....I had to get up and comfort her, and when I got back in bed, pound pound pound....I was still awake at 7:02 when Paul got up....then, of all things, I dozed off 'til 7:16. So I have had 14 minutes of sleep. Yes, I am sort of complaining. But I am okay...I got the kids fed and dressed and brushed and kissed and out the door onto the bus....and I am making Joseph get up and watch the little girls so I can take a few more ibuprofen and go back to bed.

I haven't always had the luxury of being able to do that, but miraculously I have usually only had these bad headaches when I was able to sleep. It is amazing what one is capable of though, when one has no choice. I have nursed babies while having the stomach flu.....that's the thing about being a mommy, there are no SICK days. I am sure Paul would have stayed home if I asked him, but he does not even stay home himself, unless he is really really ill.

Oh well, I think Joseph is almost done with his shower, I am going back to bed. And later when I get up I will start that "battle of the birthday cake".....you know, the battle not to eat it all......I wouldn't officially take a piece and put it on a plate, no way, I would just take a little taste at a time....whittling away at it....if I can make it until the kids get home, I'll be all set.

Oh, and HAPPY 20th Birthday, to my daughter Mirielle Joy!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I have had plenty of days where I was sacked out on the couch with my favorite pillow nursing a migraine. On those days when I babysat Troy, my wonderful homeschooled children were here to keep him busy, feed him lunch and read him a story before his nap. I'm glad you have Joseph there to help you. Take some benadryl. It'll help you sleep.