summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 11, 2010

it is almost midnight....

Rosie is not in her cage yet, and Benjamin is still up and around. I need to go to bed but the quiet is too alluring.

Benjamin just took a turkey out of the freezer and put it into the 'fridge to thaw. I figure since the temperature isn't even going up to freezing for at least a week, we may as well cook a turkey and warm it up in here. Oh, something about the smell of turkey roasting when it is cold out....

The chocolate dipped pretzels were eaten quite quickly. One pound of pretzels and about a pound of chocolate. The good thing about having so many kids is that I can't eat too many things like that, they are just gone too fast.

I am hoping to stay home tomorrow to catch up on some things around here. I washed a load of towels tonight because Evelyn is swimming for gym tomorrow, and the towel she had looked - well, it looked "ratty". One could say "well loved", or "well used", or just "worn", but the word that came to my mind was, "ratty". I don't suppose it should matter, I just don't want anyone to feel sorry for that poor girl Evelyn who has so many brothers and sisters and a ratty towel. We have lots of beach towels, but they do not just sit on a shelf waiting for summer, no they are mixed in with our bath towels, and they get used and washed and eventually look RATTY.

So now I have to stay up until the dryer is done. We never go to bed with the dryer running anymore. Never.

Benjamin is back in from taking Rosie for some exercise, so I think I will talk to him.