summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 20, 2010

have I mentioned how nice my husband is?

Yesterday was busy. Fourteen of us out the door after breakfast to shop....then in the door at dinnertime to put away groceries, cook, eat, and pack up for the pool....then home with wet suits and towels and kids who were hungry again....needless to say, I did not get everything all tidied up and put away before bed. No, not even close. I actually fell asleep in my chair while watching the Olympics. At least twenty times, before I finally dragged myself to bed. So, this morning, I would have liked to scream when I came out here and realized the work I had to do just to catch up......I had the kids help, and Paul helped, too. He likes to move all the couches and sweep under them, and it seems that we do that every Saturday. Today I apologized to him that he seems to help me clean up so much on weekends. I do try to have things nice on Fridays.....but...well, he told me he totally understands, because there is one me, and so many of them. He says it is like that at work for him. I was just so thankful that he said that, because sometimes I feel kind of like a failure....I can't keep up with everything, and I don't even have a baby anymore....anyway, it is much cleaner in here. I swept and vacuumed and mopped and shined the stove and 'fridge and cleaned the counters and picked up shoes and coats. Suzanne cleaned the mirror and tv and windows, and Sonja dusted and shined the tables. Kathryn straightened the books on the shelves, and Benjamin did the dishwasher. (Mirielle, Mali, and Margaret are at a church conference)

Well, it is time for lunch. Jonathan wants tomato soup. Suzanne and Kathryn are having leftover mashed potatoes and turkey gravy. I need to get out there before they make messes.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

I feel outnumbered too!! So cool that he understands you!

Erin Merryn said...

I think it is time you write a book! After all you find time to blog why not get paid for it! :)