summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 13, 2010

cut out cookies and sick camille

So I took a nap today, it was more delicious than the cookies. When I got up, Camille was cuddled up to Aaron, who is her second favorite, after me. She was all ready for her nap. I put her in, she fell right asleep....so after making omelets and eggs and toast for lots of kids and I, it was time to make cookies. Mirielle had so nicely made the dough while I napped. Jonathan, Charlotte Claire and I rolled them and cut them out. I frosted, we all sprinkled. They are learning how to use fewer sprinkles to make them nice.


We had a roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and veggies, with only nine of us. Charlotte Claire has a little fit because she wanted to sit next to me, then Camille started crying because she WANTED me. She was sitting right next to me. Her crying made Charlotte Claire cry more...Camille was really crying by then, so I scooped her from her booster seat, and held her. It didn't help. She cried through most of dinner. Then I reached for something, and spilled Charlotte Claire's drink, after she had stopped crying and started eating, and it went all over her plate, all over her, and all over Rosie who was resting right behind her. (Rosie knows who drops the food on the floor).....anyway, by that point, the rest of us had mostly finished eating, and it was so funny that I had done that, and we started laughing so hard my stomach was killing. We just couldn't stop. Especially Mirielle and I. It helped Charlotte Claire stop crying though....anyway, Camille just WANTED me and kept saying her ear hurt, and wow, she was warm again! Cancelling her appointment the other day was a bad idea, I now see. She has a fever again. I put some benzocaine drops in her ear, and gave her Tylenol. She sat with me for a while, then asked for #2, I mean Aaron. She fell asleep in his arms, and now is sleeping on the couch near him. So here I am on Saturday night, with a two year old with an ear infection, and terrible insurance....I don't want to go to the ER on a Saturday night anyway.....and tomorrow is Sunday...rrr. Hopefully we can get her through with the ear drops.
We are watching some winter Olympics. It seems to be raining out in Vancouver. They should have had the Olympics here. Well, in 1980 they were in Lake Placid. The speed skating is so cool to watch. The way they have their hands behind their backs gives them the look of nonchalance.....yet they are skating their hearts out.
Camille is up from her Power nap. Power with a capital "P" because it did wonders. Either that or the medicine, because she is hopping . Did I dream this whole thing? wow.


3 comments:

Darla said...

I really, really, really love reading your blog!!! I feel like after I read your posts, I can enjoy the moments in my life so much more because there are others that have such similar "episodes" that go on in their houses...and their big kids are turning out to be so delightful, and their little and middle kids sound so much like mine that maybe when my little kids and middle kids end up as big kids, maybe they will be much like your big kids!!! :) Keep up your writing!!!!

Karen said...

Janae and Mark have both been on amoxicillin in the past month for earaches (not to mention fever, sore throat, & cough). Hope she feels better soon!

Martha said...

Oh, cookies! I'm so glad I made mine early this year or they never would have happened.