summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

new slippers and other such joys

No, not new slippers for me. I DID buy some back in October, and they have disapeared into the black hole with half the socks. At least they are BOTH gone, which means they just might be under Ben's bed. Yesterday, I bought new slippers for Charlotte Claire and Camille for $1.98 a pair. This morning when all the kids had gone out the door to school, I surprised my two little sweeties. As soon as Camille saw them, she yelled, "There are scissors in the drawer!", and it took me a second to realize she wanted to cut the strings and price tag off, quickly! She is smarter than me.

I didn't see much of the kids yesterday, and I felt mighty bad about that. Last night when I was telling Paul how much it is NO FAIR that I have to send them to school today, I almost cried again. So this morning, I tried to make it as calm and special as I could. I made them all cinnamon raisin toast and hot cocoa, and turned on the new Glade scented battery candle at the table. (they are like their mom, they get a kick out of things like that.)(for some reason, I just love the battery candles....maybe because they are so unlikely to set the house on fire).....anyway, the time with them this morning was nice, except for Evelyn's little outbursts of offendedness. When one of them gets the idea that others are picking on them, no one can say anything that doesn't bother them. Evelyn is one of those kids who can go from fine and easygoing to stomping and fuming in two seconds flat. And Jonathan needed a shower this morning....I have to handle him like fine china in the morning....Sonja K. also needed a shower, and her hair is so tangly....but all in all it was a good morning, and I was sad to see them get on the bus.

Now I need to get off this computer and take care of the little sweeties. Charlotte Claire is "helping" Suzanne organize her beads, and Suzanne will not be pleased. Camille is in the kitchen playing with her pretend laptop (hmm....), and believe it or not, there are still bags sitting here with things in them from the hotel. I might only have two little ones to take care of during the day, but I still have a house to take care of that houses lots of people. Well, only 16 now. I should change the name of my blog, but what if I have twins someday?

No comments: