summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 1, 2010

shopping shopping shopping

We needed a few things from the store, again.....and Mali wanted to get paint for the room she is the chief boss of, now that Abigail is moved out. So off we went....Mali and Margaret, Kathryn, and I. Home Depot, for spackle and primer and paint and rollers and.....eighty dollars later, we were off to Target....I found little pink high-top Converse sneakers marked down to $4.48, but they don't need them....I found really nice white wood mini blinds...$22 a pair....I need three sets for the kitchen...so expensive, but marked down....hmm. I got them. I called Paul, he called back when I was already at the register and said I could get them....I could have just gotten the plastic ones for $3.99......but these will look so much nicer.... Then, over to the grocery store. I used lots of coupons, and went up and down every aisle, since I didn't have the little ones with me. It was lots of fun to just talk the the three girls for all that time.

We live quite a way from the stores, so when I got home it was bed time, and I didn't want it to be! I got the condensed versions of their days, and promised to be here tomorrow when they get home. Camille is still up, so I don't feel too ripped-off.

Camille has a cup of ice water that her nice daddy gave her....a regular cup, not a sippy cup. She was sitting on the couch with it washing her hands in it....excuse me, but NO. I know, it is only water...but water makes water marks....she is now sitting nicely in her little rocking chair, still washing her hands. Why anyone would want to wash their hands in ice water in the middle of winter is beyond me, but two year olds are not very smart.

I am also chilled to the bone, can't seem to get warm. It was just so cold out there, shopping. I just asked Benjamin to make me a cup of tea, and he is! I am pretty lucky, I guess. In spite of how tempted I am to feel sorry for myself sometimes. Today I had to make some phone calls, and the dog was barking to go out, and Camille needed changing, so I cried. I don't think I was even consciously feeling bad, I just got overwhelmed. No big people were around, so I just went with it and cried for while, then I felt much better. I should have made some tear water tea....


So now I have my tea and I have my Camille, and I am pretty distracted....

3 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Wow! I know what those days are like. It's like "Honeyyyyy? Would you mind changing this diaper just this once? Or twice?" I had a crying day the other day. Totally okay!

Sarah said...

Hey...I'm Sarah from Vic, Australia! I just had to say hello, 16 children, that is so cool! They all look absolutley beautiful! I just browsed around your blog and couldn't find one picture of yourself! Please drop by my blog one day, would be great to connect!

Cheers! xxx

Karen said...

my 5 year old is constantly dipping her hands in her water (or tea or whatever). Hopefully Camille grows out of it before she is 5!