summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 26, 2010

out and about in the snow

Camille and Mali in the grocery store.... Camille
Snow pile at Target...if you look closely, you can see a shopping cart sticking out, right in the middle at the top...the plow must've just plowed it up....it is a HUGE mountain of snow....




Margaret in our driveway



Margaret getting the snow out of her boots.



Camille getting her carseat.




Mirielle in the driveway.

Mirielle, Aaron, Mali, Margaret, Camille and I took the minivan and went to Target. There was a Dyson vacuum cleaner for half price. $214 for the new ball model. I actually put it into the cart, and texted Paul. He did not answer, so I put it back. I wanted it but knew I didn't need it, but also worried with that superstitious worry that if I don't buy it, ours will break. I love my vacuum cleaner. So much. I didn't buy it, I put it back. Ouch. I wanted it. Paul doesn't understand why. Oh well, I am still alive.
We then went to the grocery store and got some red peppers and carrots and mangos and lettuce and cheese and pasta and sauce and ice cream and eggs and orange juice and milk and bread. A coffee at McD's for the ride home, and ahh, what a nice drive. Now we are home, and we are going to the pool first, and having dinner when we get home. It seems like a better plan because they are hungry when we get home anyway.
It is actually a sunny day, and is in the thirties. Mirielle left her coat in the van because it is nice out. I guess to a central New Yorker, thirty and sunny feels like spring.
Aaron, who is 17, really wants me to have another baby. He keeps bugging me. He dreamed the other night that I had twins, and that they were really cute. They are praying for another baby. I don't say much to them, they can hope for what they want. I, however, am really at peace either way. If I could CHOOSE, I would of course choose baby, but since I can't, I will be content. It is neat how much these guys love the hugs from Camille and Charlotte Claire though. They always are saying how cute they are, and they just love them so much.
The kids have gone out to play twice today, and have also had lots of fun in the playroom, I mean livingroom. They have dollhouse stuff out, and some of Jon's trucks, and little piano and Jon's train, which is picked up and put back in the box now.....they keep busy, and we just have to walk around stuff. If anyone stopped in right now, they would see snowpants and mittens and jackets draped all over the kitchen chairs to dry. Lovely. But that is life.
Well, I have to gather the towels and suits soon....and dress them and do their hair...wait, do we HAVE to go to the pool?






4 comments:

Mrs Marcos said...

"There was a Dyson vacuum cleaner for half price. $214 for the new ball model."

AHHHH I want one!! Can't find it on Target.com...will have to check the store!

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh, don't remind me, I am still sufering Not-Buying-the-cheap-Dyson withdrawl.....ouch!

FLmom7 said...

I understand about the vacuum, it's so hard to pass up a good deal, especially on things like vacuums! And how nice that your older kids love your little kids so much that they want you to have more. So sweet:)

cheryl said...

Audrey wants it, too..she said it's the only thing she would approve of me buying. Good thing my ankle hurts too much to go shopping.. We left our coats in the van on Friday, too.. and I want you to have another baby, too.