summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I feel blah and other wednesday afternoon news....

Our church is lucky enough to be doing fundraisers at the Carrier Dome, where the Syracuse Orangemen are playing basketball. The football team stinks, but the basketball team is ranked #2 in the nation, with ten wins in a row. Tonight, Paul and Abigail and Mirielle and Joseph are there working pouring beer, of all things. It pays great though.

So here life goes on with them gone. Aaron, Mali, and Sam are leaving to go to cleaning, and Margaret has a piano lesson. Benjamin is helping Kathryn with her Egyptian project, Sonja is playing Wii, Charlotte Claire is sleeping in my chair, I am sitting here with Camille-the-Fussy. Evelyn is doing homework, and Suzanne is filling out Valentines. Jonathan is milling around in his Polar bear pajamas. And I believe Emily is working tonight.

I do not feel well, but I always feel queasy and yucky when anyone in the house has the barf-bug. And no, unfortunately I am not pregnant. (although Charlotte Claire REALLY wants another baby).....anyway, Suzanne has had the oddest bout of this illness. She is up and about and happy, then she will be really pale and...but overall one would never know she is ill. Jonathan has had a headache off and on, and has been really pale. I think he is better now, but he has not thrown up. I hope that I am not going to be sick. I hate throwing up, but that is a stupid thing to say because I have never met anyone who doesn't.

I am being a bad mommy today. I am making chicken patties, biscuits, and canned corn for dinner. Blah, nothing sounds good to me. I would give them cereal, but our never-ending supply has ended.

I have a dr. appointment for Aaron tomorrow, he has been having these dizzy-black-out spells in school, and I am also taking Camille to get her ears checked. I probably should have taken her today but the roads between here and the small city are terribly snowy. I will also stop and get some cereal at BJ's if Camille isn't too sick.

So here I sit, and I have to go serve dinner...and if I sound like I am complaining, I am sorry. I truly love these guys and have such a good time together. So even though I am tired and my body is not happy, my mind is. I will strive to make tonight a good night.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh bless your heart. Feel better soon!

thechattymommy said...

Hope your family feels better soon and I hope Spring comes quick! :)