summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 8, 2010

who won the superbowl?

I don't like to use the phrase"You could hold a gun to my head and I wouldn't know the answer"....but....

We changed the channel so Mirielle and Mali and I could watch the last episode of "Emma" (Jane Austen)....the boys went over to their cousins house but had to be home by nine because of New York State driving laws, and Aaron is only 17. When they walked in and saw that we weren't watching the game anymore, they were mildly disapointed. Paul didn't care, he had his computer on and kept track of the score, plus he wanted some guitar playing time....

Our pizzas came out excellent last night. I took some pictures of them beause I am lame like that, but I don't feel like getting up and getting the camera. Charlotte Claire had one dough, which she liberally floured, good thing flour is relatively cheap. It kept her quite busy, and she made a hole in the center so I cut it in half and let her decorate two small pizzas. The best pizza was the butter/olive oil w/garlic, cheese, and red peppers, chopped tomatoes, onions and oregano.

Mirielle is going to stop at Aldi for me today when she goes to college. Or maybe I'll dress the little ones and drop her off at class and go and then pick her up...hmm. I love going out and about. Aldi has oranges and apples cheap again. When we went to Wegmans the other day, we bought apples and bananas and accidentally left them in the van, where they promptly froze to death.

We are almost out of milk already. I made bagels for the kids' breakfast. (all of them went to school, wah!) We used to have a second refridgerator, but it stopped working, and it ins not even on the list to get another one. It was handy. We just go through things so quickly. I know I could go less often and spend less money, but I like to have fresh produce, and it goes so fast!

Well, I need to decide if I should really go out when I don't really have to. There IS some laundry here to do....and the sink is overflowing, again. And the counters....and the floors need sweeping and mopping....and....hey, I think I will go to Aldi!!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Around here there are usually very cheap or free refrigerators on Craig's List... I can imagine that it would be really convenient for you guys.

I just have to tell you how I look forward to your blog. I don't spend much time on the computer on the weekends and I actually find myself wondering what you guys are up to. I only have 1 spoiled 2 years old with a cold but I am sort of living vicariously through your large family experiences. Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy Monday!