summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 7, 2010

blogging is therapeutic....

Okay....Sunday mornings are hectic. I will spare the boring details, but getting 15 (Ben doesn't go, and Emily and Abigail have their own place now) out the door after breakfast is crazy. A few of the older ones had PopTarts for breakfast in the van. Needless to say, the place gets left in tornado-like condition. We get home, everyone is hungry for lunch. Then they go play and do homework and read and I try to relax a bit....but the house bothers me, and it IS Sunday, a day of rest...today I got busy anyway, and hung up snowpants that were in the wrong place, and sorted shoes and hung up coats and picked up clothes and.....and I was tempted to call the kids for the things they left around, but it IS Sunday....then I got frustrated, because Camille didn't stay in her little green bed today for nap, she is tired and following me, Charlotte Claire stole some plastic drawers from Suzanne and emptied them out so she could put some things into them, Rosie has been chasing Jon's remote control car and barking....so I told everyone that I GIVE UP. I DO not care HOW messy it gets in here.....and then I sat down, checked my blog, and lo and behold....I re read Martha's comment, and Bonnie's comment....and realized, again, how lucky and blessed I am. Yes, it is messy in here. And the frustration I feel is not just going to magically disapear. I need to work through it, suffer through it. So I am thankful for the reminders and the encouragement.

We are going to watch the SuperBowl. I have no idea who is playing, wait, is it the Saints and the Colts? My little girls know more about it than I do....anyway, we will watch it, and I am going to mosey out to the kitchen and makes some pizzas.

It sounds nice, doesn't it? And it will be nice, by the grace of God. Because by that grace I will keep my cool and be kind and patient. That in itself is nothing short of miraculous, because Camille is crying and fussing because she missed her nap, and I have a huge headache because I forgot to have coffee this morning. Seriously, I forgot to have it. I have taken ibuprofen, and had an afternoon cup, and it is diminishing, but the only thing that will help this is peace and quiet. Just kidding, although that did cross my mind.

So with the Waffletown all over the living room floor, and the dog now tied up in the front yard barking.....I will venture out and start those pizzas. I would give like a million bucks right now for a nice hot bath and a glass of wine...and some cookies. (as long as we're dreaming, I always throw in the cookies)....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) Yes...to the hot bath and the wine and of COURSE the cookies. (Though the first two will have to wait until after the baby!!) I can't imagine what it's like to get 15 people out the door after breakfast. We were late to the meeting today. REALLY late...but I am working on being at peace so that when I finally get there I can hear the message!!! I felt like I HAD to go, even if it was almost half over. Hope that headache goes away. I used to get those...NO fun. Thanks for being real. =)

noelle said...

Just another day in paradise, hm? Thanks for the reminder that noisy, happy children are the greatest blessing. Someday they will be gone and my house won't be messy anymore...or maybe it will and I won't be able to blame them! lol

Martha said...

As long as you're dreaming of cookies I'll take a molasses one... and maybe a cup of French vanilla cappuccino. (We are just dreaming, right?)

Though I do fairly well at imagining toys to be jewels, I have not yet figured out (or thought of) what to imagine my honey's tools and remodeling supplies to be... Any ideas?