summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 28, 2010

sunday, a day of rest..

And I won't even write "ha"....I have taken Rosie-the-energetic outside twice, the second time I left her there tied to a tree in the front yard. She is having a grand old time digging in the snow and getting herself all tangled up. The other day I went out there and she had literally hogtied herself. It was so funny. Not to her, I imagine. I do not like tying her up, but she is a racer and a chaser and a herder, so.....sometimes I let her off the leash and play with her, but when her ears perk up and she hears something that is totally her business, like a tractor down the road, she is GONE.

Church is in the afternoon today, because the boys are out there for a weekend conference. So it is sort of a relaxing day. The little ones are watching "Rescue Heroes", they look like they might fall asleep. Mommy let them stay up way too late last night, but it was fun. Paul, Emily, Abigail, and Mirielle were doing fundraising at the Carrier Dome....the Orange won again, beat Villanova! They are good good good this year, the college basketball team. Anyway, I was here (wishing we had cable so I could watch the game, instead I kept checking the score online) with Mali, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Benjamin was helping my brother move into a new house. And the other boys were at the conference. I let them have Ramen noodles for dinner. I seriously do not consider those things to be "food", but the kids love them, so I bought them some the other day. I didn't have to twist their arms to eat their dinner last night. In fact, they were so excited about it, it almost hurts my soul.

Jonathan wants to be a busdriver or a train conductor when he grows up, and Charlotte Claire wants to be a cop. Evelyn wants to be a surgeon. Kathryn wants to be an archeaologist. Sonja wants to be a doctor. Sometimes the kids ask me what I would choose to be if I could do it over, and I have to say nothing different than I am doing now. Yes, I would like to go to nursing school. But I am thinking that might be too difficult, because once I entered, it would be so intense, and I would still have like nine kids in school if I went when Camille was in kindergarten. I still need to be here. So I am trying to think of something different. I could sell things on ebay. Like that Dyson vac, I should have bought it and re-sold it. (ha, who am I kidding....I would have kept it)

Well, today I have smaller fish to fry than think about future careers. Sweet little Camille knows we are going somewhere today, and she just put these cute little pink pants on, thinking she is ready. They have had their showers, and she has no patience for all this waiting to go bye-bye.

No comments: