summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 22, 2010

life goes on....

Charlotte Claire, Jonathan, and Camille. Camille is eating a plastic chicken drumstick. These kids do not get bored. Rosie the dog was very dirty. Even though there is snow on the ground, she manages to get dirty...I gave her a nice bath after dinner, I wash her face with kids' no tears shampoo. She is spoiled. I left her in the bathroom with the door closed for a while, because she gets the whole living room and kitchen all we when she shakes off....so she just waited until I let her out. She is so smart.

I am feeling wrung out. I hate that post-migraine feeling...that exhaustedness, with the still-slightly aching head to accompany it....I didn't accomplish a single thing today, but I am extremely thankful that Joseph held down the fort and that the other kids helped out.

We had roasted chicken breasts for dinner, with rolls and butter and salad. There is a lot of chicken leftover, which means dinner will be easier tomorrow night. Paul had to leave to go to a meeting, and Samuel, Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn went to soccer practice. Mirielle is cleaning up from dinner on her birthday, poor girl, but she is not complaining. She is truly a kind soul. She is also making individual brownies for Suzanne to take to school tomorrow for her birthday.

It seems like whenever I start to get ahead around here, I get a headache or something. But in my heart I know it isn't what I get done here that is really important.

It was hard to send the kids to school today after having them home for a nine day vacation. I love having them home. Yesterday Jonathan and Charlotte Claire played out in the snow at the edge of the woods, making a fort, for almost two hours. He does amazingly well in kindergarten, but I am jealous that the teacher has him for so long. We just enjoy him too much. Same with the girls.

No comments: