summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

bye bye day...

I thought I would try to write a post without mentioning all the snow we are STILL getting, but I cannot. The wind is picking up this afternoon, with increased snow, moving down from the St. Lawrence. Hmm. I am taking 4 kids to the eye dr this afternoon. I do not like driving in snow. But at least Paul left me the minivan, so I don't have to take the huge van.

Of course when the kids were leaving this morning, 4 of them had notes to be picked up early, and one of them said, "We are NOT going to Price-Chopper, are we?" To which I replied, "Of course we are!" Do they really think we would drive all the way down there and not pick up a few groceries? Do they think I should take another trip down there tomorrow? (35-40 minute drive)......hmm.

My little Camille woke up 4 or 5 times last night, just to make sure I was still there. And she wouldn't lie down and go back to sleep if I just told her from my bed, either. 'Cause I tried. I had to get up and hug her and cover her back up. It is almost like having a newborn. It is really getting that time to move her out of our room.

It seems so quiet, just Camille, Rosie and I are up. All nine of the school kids went today. I felt sorry for Evelyn, for some reason. She is still on a late night schedule, and couldn't fall asleep last night. She was grumpy and miserable this morning, and she wore these pastel plaid sneakers with her jean skirt and red and blue shirt. I asked her why she doesn't wear her dressy boots, and she said they were wet, she wore them outside. No, I said, not your outside boots, your good ones...she said she wore those outside too. Why would she do that? Anyway, she just seemed like she was going to have a rough day...I am going to ask Emily if she can pick her up today.

And Suzanne has perpetually chapped lips in the winter. It is like a joke, how many chapsticks I buy her. She had a brand new one this morning, and she misplaced it. Luckily I had 9 spare ones, and I gave her another.

The eye dr. that is accepted by our insurance now is at Sears, which is at the mall, which is fun, but I have to be careful. I do want to check out the clearance sections of a few stores while I am there, of course. Both of Joseph's sweatshirts went through the dryer and shrunk, and he needs sweatshirts to survive, apparently.

It s actually sunny out right now, but for some reason that is beyond me, it is STILL snowing. I need to buy more gloves and mittens for the kids. I would love to hit a good clearance sale on them. Jonathan went to school this morning with a red one and a brown one, and it kills me. Like he is a poor kid from a big family. Which he sort of is, but still.

I obviously don't have much to say this morning. I am sort of glad that every single cookie from the triple batch I made yesterday is gone, now I don't have to be tempted to have a few with my coffee. I had oatmeal this morning, and made some for all the school kids, too. Now I need to feed Miss Camille.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Okay so i have been MIA and i am just catching up on all your posts. I have to say OMG!!!! at all that snow! Those pics you put up are amazing, i cant believe it gets that deep. I think i have told you this before but i have never even seen snow excpet for in pics or on the tv so i cant even imagine what ts like to have all that snow!
Oh and if your giving rosie away i'll take her lol.

Martha said...

Ta-da! Snow!!!

We may as well love it because I think it's going to stick around for a while. I wonder how many years it has been since I made a snow angel... Maybe tomorrow I will try it again, just for fun. Might as well try before I am too old to get back up again... or maybe I'd better not chance it. I'll have to take Ben along so he can help me back up, or maybe Hannah.

"And Suzanne has perpetually chapped lips in the winter." Oh, I can relate to that! Maybe she needs to keep them covered up when she is outside, kind of like my poor hands, but my lips are chapped too and they probably will be until at least May...

Okay, that's all. Bye. :)