summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 8, 2010

procrastination...

and random questions...(my keyboard question mark works again!)

1. What should I do today?

2. Why am I alive?

3. Will anyone barf at school today?

4. Is it really worth doing all the same work today that I did yesterday, only to have to do it again tomorrow?

5. Why do I feel so blah?

6.Will I ever get to have another baby?

7. Will Benjamin ever get on a good schedule and do something productive with his life?

8. Is our phone broken or doesn't anyone like me anymore?

9. How much longer is winter going to last?

10. Why do I buy good things to eat when they only torment me?

11. During the winter, why is the question, "What's for dinner?" the top priority of the day?

12. Can I get out of this funk and take control of the disorganization around here?

13. WHO puts the books on the bookshelve horizontally on top, anyway? No one? Thought so.

14. Why do I buy orange juice, when they just drink it up so fast?

15. Does Charlotte Claire love Rosie or hate her? It is hard to tell, the way she just BUGS her.

16. Will I ever get used to having cold feet?

17. Is it okay to get sick of being the mommy sometimes? As in, it is nice to just be the wife....

18. Why is my chair so much more comfortable in the winter?

19. Will I ever love excercising, and perhaps hate sweets?

20. Can everyone around here just do what I say without arguing?

21. In the next week, the highest temp we can expect is 30. When it gets above freezing, can we have a party?

22. Is it normal to miss all the holiday fun?

23. Why do I miss all the holiday food?

24. Why oh why did I want a dog so badly?

25. Why can't I just go make that one little phone call? What if she's not there, then she calls me back when I am not ready? What is she calls me back when I am in the bathroom, and one of the kids brings me the phone?

5 comments:

Beth Haley said...

I've had those days, I think everyone does. Smile. It won't last forever.

abroadermark said...

Funny, but lots of your questions are my questions. Maybe they're every mom's questions. Especially this time of year.

By the way, I'm Jody*e (the asterisk is there so my name won't show up if someone googles it.) I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now, and finally left a comment yesterday (or was it the day before yesterday?) I enjoy the little peeks at your life. It reminds me a bit of mine - only with twice as much of everything! Heehee...

Nice to meet ya!

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Jody*e...nice to meet you, too! I used to think that "bloggy" friends weren't real friends, but now I know different. It truly brightens my day when I get such nice comments.....

Tracy said...

I can have been lurking too.... following your blog for months now. Just now getting into blogging myself.

I too fear those confrontational phone calls! And no matter how many kids you have, it never gets eaiser..... best of luck. Looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you.

Tracy

Kerry said...

1. The same thing you did yesterday and the day before...cooking, cleaning, laundry

2. See above. Also, 16 children.

3. Yes

4. Yes, unless you WANT do die hungry under a pile of dirty laundry.

5. Winter.

6.Yes, but not the way you think.

7. Yes, but not the way you expect.

8. People are busy and phone phobic, which is no reflection on liking you or not.

9. For-Freaking-ever

10. Because they are a good deal.

11. Beacuse everyone is inside. And cold. And food is the only thing to look forward to. Also, 16 children.

12. If you want to.

13. Uh, YOU do.

14. Because it's cruel to stop buying the things they love because they eat them. Isn't that the point? A recently learned lesson for myself.

15. Both.

16. As soon as you buy some decent socks, you will forget it was an issue.

17. Heck yes.

18. Extra padding? And I don't mean in the chair. :P

19. No

20. No

21. Of course

22. No

23. Cause it's so yummy and special.

24. I have NO IDEA!!!!

25. Then you hit the child WITH the phone while screaming, "I TOLD YOU! DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!" I actually know someone who did that!