summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 28, 2010

cold cold cold

We have two Sit'n Spins, an old one, which apparently is WAY better, because they fight relentlessly over it, and a new one, which the loser gets to use....but once in a while they figure things out......they could go amazingly fast lke this, too.
Last night they played the game "Scatter Foam Squares And Don't Fall In The Swamp"....which required running and screaming. Note Jonathan in the background, crying about something very important....he had a fight with Sonja, and there were punches....I made him sit for a bit. Suzanne is just reading like there is nothing going on.

The signifigance of this picture is obvious......where did all the clothes go???
Charlotte Claire and Camille are causing me to have great compassion on moms who tell me, "I only have two, and THEY drive me crazy..." They can make more messes faster than I can possible equalize even if I am cleaning furiously at the same time. So we always tilt toward messier. (because I do not do anything "furiously", especially clean!) They take books off the shelf (but they do sit there in the pile and read them), they empty out all the play dishes (but they do sit there and play with them), they take all the pillows of the couch, they spread towels on the floor to sleep on, they ALWAYS have those two Sit n Spins out, they tricked me this morning by promising to play nicely "night-night" in my bed, and promised not to get into anything...well, they took clothes off hangers, dumped clothes out....they tricked me. Again. Right now they are getting out doll strollers. Well, I suppose it isn't THEIR fault we have over a dozen. And they do play with them....
Life is interesting. Trials come, things happen that can cause me to let my thoughts start going in the wrong direction, to wonder about my faith, to question how I live my life.....those are the times I need to stand firm, and trust God. It is written ,"...that you may be sons of your Father in Heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matt. 5 v.45) Just because things get difficult does not mean that God doesn't love me anymore, or that there is no hope. It rains on the just and the unjust, all sent from God. If trials don't strengthen my faith and get me more treasures in heaven, then in effect, I am a hipocrate. A Sunny Day Beliver.
And on that note, I have kids to talk to......


No comments: