summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

i feel so much better....

I am back! Mirielle had to go to the small city to pay for her college tuition, and she asked if anyone wanted to go. Well, if you twist my arm....I suppose I could. Then Emily decided to go along too, to have her alto sax looked at by the music store guy. So off we went, leaving nice Abigail with the two little girls. After our two stops, we went to the dollar store. I got some 64 ounce bottle of cranberry/grape juice, organic, 100% juice, for one buck each. Also some more soy waffles, and some hair conditioner, and some hair elastics. Then to the store next door, BigLots. Emily had to buy some rope to secure the beds she bought from craigslist in the truck. I bought some breakfast bars for $1 a box, marked down, and then meandered over to the Christmas stuff....it was still 75% off....so I got a few things with gumballs in them for the little girls....and they rang up ten cents each!! I asked the cashier if the Christmas stuff was marked down to 90% off now, and she said it was. "Wait just a minute,", I said, and I hustled back there and got a whole stack of chocolates....regularly $1, for ten cents. I have no pride left. Absolutely none. My daughters were laughing at me. I think the cashiers there feel a bit sorry for me. Oh well. These guys can bring the candy to activity club. I do not believe you can go wrong at ten cents each.

Tonight we are having roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and broccoli. And probably biscuits. I make 40 biscuits, and we have to ration them. Because 18 times two is 36, and if more than 4 people take three, there won't be enough. I have a few boys who could eat six, if I let them.

Camille Anaya does not want to sleep today. She is up again, opening and closing the door of my room. She can climb out of her little green bed, and she does. It is so late now, I might just put her to bed early. She gets so cranky though, it is like she is a different child when she is tired. She cries about everything. Loudly.

Well, that second trip bus is here....

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Don't feel bad. I knew when the local store was going 90%, and I was there first thing. I had so much clearance stuff that it literally wouldn't fit in the cart. The guy had to ring me up a little at a time and put things behind the counter for me.

I combined everything with coupons, and came home with 40 rolls of toilet paper, 45 bags of Hershey chocolate, 20 containers each with a roll of gum and 4 packs of bubble gum, stuffed animals, Pez, countless boxes of candy...much more that I can't even remember right now, it was nuts. I spent a grand total of $16. When I came home I went through everything and found I had enough to FILL all five Easter baskets and all five v-Day Mugs. So Easter, V-Day, Pregnancy cravings AND a month of TP for $16 bucks! Woo Hoo!

16 blessings'mom said...

Ha, it's good we aren't neighbors, if we shopped together that would be hilarious. And we would fight about all the good stuff, like my sister and I. Not really, we just pretend to. A really good sale on toilet paper would be nice..