summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 21, 2010

quick post....

Today feels like my birthday again. Because Mirielle decided last night that she was going to get up with the kids this morning, nice and early, and make them home made waffles. I got their clothes out last night. I did hear some banging around and Sonja crying about something, but I figured that if they needed me, they knew where I was. Okay, I felt some guilt, but I managed to fall back asleep. Camille has this old Little Golden Book, about firemen, in her little green bed, so she reads it for a long time when she wakes up. Anyway, I didn't show my lovely face out here until almost ten! It was very nice, but, such a waste of time.

Mirielle is now in her room, I guess she is done helping for a while...and Abigail has an appointment today, and Emily is at work, her first day! Joseph is playing his guitar, and I do not know what Benjamin is doing. The little girls are having oatmeal and frosted mini wheats at the little table in the living room, which is driving Rosie-the-perpetually-hungry-dog CRAZY. She is learning, though. She gets up, walks over a few feet from them, looks at me, and lies down and does that big doggy SIGH.....so she is learning....I also learned something about her last night...I let her out to go pee, and she went. Then she trotted right across the street to visit the neighbors. I already had my sneakers on (I had gone on the treadmill, yay!), so I put on my coat and grabbed the leash. She, of course, wouldn't listen to me at all. My neighbor, the Mrs., came out on the porch. She is such a nice lady. She told me that Rosie likes to play with Lucy, their lab. Their sweet little lab who LISTENS to them, that is. Anyway, she said that sometimes Rosie comes over and looks right in their bedroom window and barks for Lucy to come out and play....oh my goodness, Rosie! Mrs. Neighbor doesn't seem to mind that Rosie likes to visit them, she just worries, like me, about Rosie and the cars. She is such a car chaser. (AND Mrs. Neighbor said, and I quote, "Sometimes I wonder why the hell we had to get a dog!", to which I replied, "I usually think that at least once a day...."...then she told me it would get better. Now, swear words are, well, swear words, but she put it SO well....)

Today we are going to the grocery store, again. I have to look at the ads and write a quick list. I know we need toilet paper and milk. Mirielle and I and the two little girls will go. So I need to get moving....

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

That is so funny about Rosie going over to play with her 'freind' LOL.
I hope you have/had a great day :-)

Cassandra xx