summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 8, 2010

sam, and flat tires....

Sam. Samuel James. Sam is too good for this world. One of his closest friends in school is deaf. He has a cochlear implant, so with that he has limited hearing, but it amplifies all the surrounding sounds, and when it is really noisy, he cannot discern well. Samuel got a "restricted" lunch yesterday. He said the vice principal told them to be quiet in the hall, and Sam repeated it to his deaf friend, and the vice principal said Sam had a "bad attitude", and gave him a restricted lunch. A few weeks ago, this same woman got after Sam's deaf friend for speaking too loudly. Sam piped up and told her that Chris is deaf, and sometimes he talks loudly. This earned Sam a spot by himself at another table. So today, I am calling the school. I am not a confrontational person. I do not like calling about things like this. But apparently, Chris' mom also talked to this vice principal on the phone, after the previous incident, and she was yelled at. But I feel I need to stand up for Samuel, and if this woman wants to yell at me, so what. (that's what I'm telling myself, anyway, I am scared) But, by faith I will overcome this fear, because it is written in Hebrews 13, v. 6,..."So we may boldly say,
The Lord is my helper,
I will not fear,
What can man do to me?"

And now, because I am putting off that little phone call I have to make to the school, I will tell our flat tire story. Yesterday afternoon, I was supposed to give blood. Well, I have a slight cold. That tickly cough, and I have been tired, which might be because when Camille has a cold, she wakes me up so much. At any rate, I decided I probably should not give blood. My sister Cheryl was going shopping with a few of her daughters and her sweet grandson, Will. I asked if I could tag along. My girls were fine with taking care of things here, and Emily said she would prepare the turkey sloppy joes and salad. So off I went....and it was fun. We went to BJ's and I found the cutest cutest little jumper sets, with shirts and leggings, for $6. And some yummy snacks leftover from Christmas for cheap cheap cheap. Then we went to Target, the store I shouldn't go to, but I love Target. I got Jonathan a really cool car for his birthday. It has a headset like the racing crew guys, and the car follows verbal commands. It was $15 regularly $60. I got the little girls cute shoes ( I love cute shoes for little girls) for 75%off, and just a few toys for the closet....and some 90% off Christmas stuff. When something is 90% off, how can one resist? Fluffy stockings, 29 cents. Ornaments, 15 pack for a quarter. I got Emily some things for her new apartment that she hasn't found quite yet. Then we went to Price Chopper, just for a few things. ha. Cheryl's minivan was already packed to the brim with stuff. There were 6 of us, Will's stroller, and all the stuff from BJ's and Target. So I knew I couldn't get much. I decided to buy only what I could fit under my feet in the front seat. Let's just say I was surrounded by stuff. On my lap, all around my feet. We figured that might be why the rear tire was looking so low. hmm. We went to the gas station for air (what the heck is this world coming to, charging $ for air??), it was out of order....next gas station, the girls had someone from the gas station help them, and the tire just would not inflate. We had to wait for tripleA, and when that guy, Ryan, came and looked for the spare tire and opened the tailgate of the van, stuff fell out. It was SO funny. Anyway, it seems the airpump at the gas station was faulty, and once the tire was filled with air, it was okay to drive home on....but it was a long cold wait, and I had to go to the bathroom, but I had so much stuff around me....

yeah, a long boring story...but it really was quite fun.

I had many many reasons this morning to just stay in bed.....Suzanne had a fever last night, so I knew she was staying home today, ....and it is so cold out. But Rosie the dog still needed to go out, so I got up. Once I was up, I was okay. Well..sort of okay....Camille coughs at night, and she was up no less than 5 times last night. After 3 or 4 nights of this, it is wearing on me....I am tired.

Emily is gone this morning, to talk to nursing recruitment about her new job, and Mirielle is going to register for classes. Abigail is studying for an accounting exam for a county job. So change is coming to our house and my friends , I mean my kids, will be busy, and I will be lonely. ha. Well, I sort of will be.

So this is me, procrastinating a phone call....

1 comment:

true blessings said...

you have to call,it is the right thing to do..cheering you on!