summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

who has my camera card???

No one. No one knows anything about it. It could have been Camille or Charlotte Claire, because the batteries were taken out and found several feet away from the camera. It may just be gone forever. I just asked Camille where it was, and she said, "I put it in the oven. I put it in your purse. I don't see it, Mamma!" Apparently, that is a dead end. When things are missing though, it is a good idea to ask the younger ones. Once I was at a garage sale, and almost had to stay there forever. I had like 8 or ten kids, and one of the kids somehow had the van keys, which they tucked into a little toy refridgerator or stove that was for sale. I looked and looked and looked for those keys before asking the kids....and sure enough, one of them ran right over and retrieved those keys.

I finished my arctic expedition book, 947 pages of paperback horror, as it was a doomed trip from the start, and read another book that I started yesterday. Books and me are like Target and I. Not a good combination. I can't put the book down....well, usually I just stay up 'til the wee hours until the book is all gone. I have three more books on the shelf that Abigail got me from the library. I need to wait a few days before I start one.

The kids are all home, they have had their snack,(75% off gingerbread cookies from a cute little tin, and milk) and I need to make dinner. It is always the same, but always different. Suzanne lost a tooth today in school, which is apparently very exciting, she came home with it in a little plastic tooth holder around her neck. Mommy doesn't have any of those. The Tooth Fairy might remember to come here tonight. ha. We do have the most forgetful Fairy....Jonathan says his class has 18 stars on the board, and when they get twenty they get a party, a compliment party. I guess he knows that 18 plus two is twenty. hmm.

Camille did not fall asleep for her nap today. I took a rest in my big comfy bed while she "napped" in her little green bed....I was finishing my book, and she was getting out and taking off her diaper and trying on an 18 month size pink fluffy winter coat from last year.

Abigail is cleaning her room. Emily is cleaning her room. They are moving out. wah. Actually, it will be nice to have someplace to go visit. If I am invited, that is. And, not to make them feel bad or anything, but sometimes it can be a bit frustrating to have so many adults in one house. They are helpers, and very good company, so it is only a little frustrating. I won't be sighing huge sighs of relief, but I won't be sobbing, either. It DOES help that they are only going a few miles down the road!

Well, if I don't get dinner started, it will be so late when we eat, again. Last night it was almost eight when we got up from the table. One family I know has dinner right when the kids get home from school, when they are the hungriest. If I did that, though, Paul would miss out on that nice time at the table every night. Oh, the fun times we have! Now that Mali is vegetarian, there is at least one comment at every meal that ends in her getting huffy and feeling like everyone is against her. Which is not true. But when Mirielle says she hates to see Rosie get hurt because she doesn't like to see animals suffer, and Mali says, "Oh, but you can eat them?"....and on it goes. Everyone seems to have something to say.... Mostly in good fun, but....

It seems like I haven't done anything around here today....such is life. But now I shall get the kids in gear, and make it nice and clean for when Daddy comes home. I think it makes it less stressful to walk into a nice clean house....and it makes it look like I didn't finish my book today......

1 comment:

Martha said...

I learned the "ask the little ones" trick early on. (God was kind.) I couldn't find my keys, got exasperated, and asked Jimmy who was then two. He walked right over to the toy box and there they were!

Sorry about your camera card. That would be a tough one to find.