summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Charlotte Claire is a funny kid. She doesn't like to sleep in the dark, so she gets up and turns the light on and gets back in bed. Sometimes she wakes up during the night and makes a cozy little nest in the hallway. If she requests the light on when we tuck her in, we just leave it on. She says that big people sleep in the dark 'cause they aren't scared.

I love my house, I love my life, I love my kids....but I don't love the mess and the craziness and the noise. Sometimes it seems overwhelming, more so than other times. Those are the times I am extremely thankful that I can shut my mouth and deal with it. Because if I were to just give in and scream and hit and stomp, would that make me happy? Would that make the kids happy? Oh, and sometimes the older ones gang up on me, oh they are so funny. And really, they are, if I can get through the irritation and not be offended. When, by God's grace, I can endure temptation and not get upset, then there is blessing. (Well, that IS how it is written, "Blessed is the man who endures under trial, for when he has been apporved, he will recieve the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him....james 1, v12)....anyway, I am so glad for that, because when I am faithful, chaos can only work for my good.

I made two big glass pans of macaroni and cheese after lunch today. I just need to put it into the oven with some pork chops and make a vegetable. Most of us are here, but Jonathan and Sonja K. are ice skating with their cousing Grace. Suzanne is using the opportunity to play with Jon's new train set. Rosie is learning that she is not supposed to chase it, so she is taking a nap right next it on the floor.

There are nine of us in the living room right now, and three girls in the kitchen. It is never lonely. The girls are having some tea, and they brought me some cold diet Pepsi, yum. Here in the great New York state, there are more taxes on the table. Gov. P wants to tax soda, a penny an ounce. Not just soda, any drink with less than 70% juice. Okay, those drinks are not healthy, but is that Uncle Sam's business? rrr.

I need to go put dinner in.....

2 comments:

tigerdeus said...

http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/2010/01/off-we-go-again.html

I know you'll think I'm crazy, and my goodness, what a first comment this is to leave on someone's blog, but I followed a linky trail and came across this and immediately thought of your Emily. Just figured I would pass along the link...

Peace and ((((((()))))))s,
Sarah
(a loooongtime lurker who finally got a google account so now can leave comments!)

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Sarah, nice to meet you! And no, I do not think you are crazy. I just looked this up and showed it to Emily. She isn't sure she has the experience they want, which is too bad, because she IS the kind of girl who could pack up and do this sort of thing. But it got her thinking....

I look forward to many more comments!