summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

camille is sick now too

She started croupy coughing last night, and when she cried for me, she was nice and warm. I climbed out of my comfy bed so many times I lost count.... I finally took her into bed with me....and she slept and tossed and coughed, and finally asked to go back into her bed. She is just sick enough to be cuddly and non-active, which is kind of nice. Although it goes without saying that I wouldn't wish it on her if I had any say in it.

Yesterday, she climbed into this chair to finish the oatmeal of one of the girls who had just gotten on the bus. I had to use the bathroom, so I just let her eat it, and ran down the hall. When I came back, she was feeding Rosie oatmeal on the spoon. I thought it was funny how Rosie just sat there and ate it.
Camille told me this morning that she wants to take my picture because I am going to die. She said, "I want to take your picture because you are going to die." I have no idea where she learned this, but when Abigail heard her say it and told me she has been saying it all the time. hmm. A two year old says all convincingly, "You are going to die..."...it gives me the creeps. But she says it SO sincerely. I wonder if one of her brothers has been saying it. Ben comes to mind...
So I have two little girls sitting on the arms of my chair, reading a book and playing with a toy, not feeling so great, and I have no where to go today. I am supposed to go give blood tomorrow with Emily and Mirielle. The Red Cross is giving out coupons for free pound bags of DunkinDonuts coffee, which is the only reason I am going. Just kidding. But it is nice.



4 comments:

Martha said...

Ooo, coffee! I tried to give blood in August and they were giving away coupons for a free half gallon of Friendly's ice cream. My iron count was too low (again), but the ice cream was good. :)

Two year olds do say things that make us a little creeped out. We were taking off at the Albuquerque airport when then two year old Nathan shouted "We're gonna fall! We're gonna fall!" It think it gave the whole plane the heebie-jeebies. I am happy to say he was wrong.

Anonymous said...

my little cousin was fascinated by death at age 2-3 too. He would go on and on and ask questions for hours. he asked his mom " will you still love me when I die?" I think they need assurance that some things come and go, and some last forever.. like love! :)

AUTISMOMMA said...

The Red Cross and our local blood bank chapters no longer allow me to give blood. I donated faithfully every eight weeks for several years and then boom! One time I went to donate and their questionnaire and policy had changed. Anyone having stayed in Europe more than thirty days could no longer donate, as they are at risk of having Mad Cow disease. Yes, I'm serious.

I don't know if it was only for people who were in Europe for a particular time period or if it is on-going. However, since some of your children have had extended stays in Holland, I thought I would mention it in case they go to give blood and find out they can't.

AUTISMOMMA said...

Oh yeah, and the other thing that torques me is that they said I am welcome to volunteer...BUT by volunteering I do not get the benefit of receiving the freebies they give out to donors. Nice, huh?