summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 21, 2010

today REALLY feels like my birthday!!!!

Today was a grocery store day. Mirielle and I brought Charlotte Claire and Camille. We went to Target first. I got Charlotte Claire and Camille some shirts for $1.75, and for Jon: a Lionel Christmas train, regularly $140 for $35! I wasn't sure if I should spend that much, but....I will either save it for next year or let him use his Christmas money for it.

As we walked into Price Chopper, I remembered that I forgot to cut out the $8 off coupon from the paper......I wasn't exactly devastated, but RATS! I decided I would just forget about it, and do my shopping. Mirielle helped me with the coupons, and we did pretty nicely. Charlotte Claire fell asleep in the cart, in the most uncomfortable looking position. Camille did not fall asleep. She took her shoes off and dropped them on the floor, she put things in the cart that we were not buying, she stood up, then she started begging for a balloon. I got her a balloon. I also got one for the sleeping C.C. , which was good thinking because the first thing she saw when she woke up was Camille with a balloon.

Anyway, when we were in line, a guy came up to me with an $8 off coupon and asked me if I would like it. "I'd LOVE it!!" I said, with way too much enthusiasm. As I told him thank you, he hurried away. I WASN'T going to HUG him. But I sure was happy.

When we were in line, I saw that they had put out the reduced bakery rack. I sent Mirielle to scope it out. She came back with a dozen croissants for $1.50. I sent her right back there for some more. Tomorrow for breakfast with jam.....ha, we ate a few on the way home.

We stopped for gas, and got twenty gallons for seventeen dollars. I had $2 off per gallon with my PriceChopper card. That also made me happy.

I walked in the door, and Mali was baking chocolate chip cookies. It smells heavenly in here. The older kids are all going to the youth meeting tonight, so we are having a simple supper, sandwiches and fresh fruit. I got fresh baked bread, just out of the oven, some black pepper parmesean, whole wheat Italian, and regular Italian.

Today is day three of Camille missing her nap. She is so cute and sweet and huggy, but do not cross her.

It was a cold and sunny day, pleasant enough for out and about, but chilly. I do like winter in spite of the cabin fever-ness. It is cozy and warm in here, and of course it doesn't hurt that it smells like cookies.

Well, the Camille saga goes on.....she is crying again, and she wants me. She is climbing up to sit with me, saying, "I want you , Mommeye, I love you...." I asked her if she likes her new sippy cup, and she said, "It's a cute cup."....well, dinner time sneaked up on me, again.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Bailey's favorite thing to do when we go grocery shopping is put things in the cart that we dont need. We went on wednesday and as i was putting things up i pulled out a packet of pasta , some herbs, a shower cap, some um feminine products , some cat food (we dont even have a cat!) and a fe other things, he seemed to be doing his own shopping lol.
What good luck with the $8 coupon too :-), no wonder it felt like yor birthday

Cassandra xx