summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

it's only tuesday?

They didn't ALL wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but they seemed tired already, in this fresh new week. Especially Mr. Jonathan. He just couldn't handle being rushed. Oh, he had plenty of time, but he spent most of it curled up on the couch, balking at getting dressed. Then his jeans were too tight, but he had to adjust them himself, I couldn't help him, the girls were already dressed and eating, and he was a wreck. He started crying and didn't stop. I told him he could stay home and rest up. Of course he got happy then! They were just awake too long in their room last night, full of silliness....

It is not the end of the world for him to take a day off. Since his kindergarten day is so long (he leaves at 8:30 and gets home after 4:00), he deserves a day off once in a while.

I had dreams of a newborn baby last night. I wondered in the dream if it was real, that I had a new baby girl, and I hugged her and rocked her and KNEW it was. Of course it wasn't......last night I was looking at books with Camille, and was surprised that she knew green, yellow, blue, purple, black. We just appreciate and enjoy her SO much. When I was bringing her to bed, she ran and gave daddy a big hug and kiss, and just seeing her in her cute little one piece jammies, hugging her daddy......it has gone by too fast, having babies and little ones. She is growing up right before our eyes, and it seems that no amount of cuddling and hugging can slow it down....

I need to get to the store today, again. We have been nursing that gallon of milk Benjamin bought Sunday, it is almost gone. The kids had toast with cinnamon and sugar for breakast, and those individual chocolate puddings. Hopefully they won't be studying nutrition in school today, and have to raise their hand and say what they ate for breakfast.

Oh my goodness, Charlotte Claire doesn't leave that poor dog alone. She was just pulling her tail, and I stopped her and explained to her about the dog's tail being at the end of her spine, and how it hurts Rosie for her to do that....she said, "Mommy, did you gee her going backwards? She looked go funny!"....I told her, funny or not, she cannot pull that dog by her tail.

This weekend we are having some fun, or some torture, depending on how I look at it. Abigail went to a bridal show with her friend who is getting married in May. They signed up for lots of give-aways, and Abigail won a weekend in a nearby hotel. It is a locally owned, very quaint and original place, not part of a chain. She inquired and was told she could have as many guests as she wants to. So on Friday night, she and two other older girls are taking their activity club group there for a sleepover. They have other plans on Saturday evening, so she said I could go there on Saturday night with the kids. Paul and two of our older boys will be going to the West Coast, to Oregon, this weekend for a church conference, and the thought of bringing the younger ones to a hotel by myself...so I asked my sister-in-law, Kim, to go with me. She will bring 4 of her kids, ages 11, 9, 4, and two. I will be bringing Kathyn, who is also 11, and the younger six. Are we crazy? Probably. Will the kids have fun? Probably. Will WE have fun? Probably.

Well, there is no quiet here this morning. Jonathan is supposed to go back and lie down for a while, but he is instead he has a noisy truck, trying to remove the battery cover with a screwdriver, and the screw is stripped.....he wants help, he has questions, he is getting lots of stuff out....so it is only fair that I am more accessable. That means bye-for-now.....

1 comment:

Charlie said...

I dream and imagine all the time to have another baby. Long story but in order to stay home with it I have to wait slmost a year and a half till I try to get pregnant. I Hate waiting and my daugter is 5 1/2 now! I know what you mean when you talk of longing for a child. * hug*