summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

all is quiet....

mostly. A few kids are still up. Mirielle just noticed that Charlotte Claire's bedroom light was on. She probably climbed out of her crib and turned it on, climbed back in and went to sleep. Abigail is still up, and the boys are settling down.

I have to take Jonathan and Sonja to the dr. tomorrow at 1:30.....and Joseph has a dentist appointment at 3:10. So lucky Joseph gets to sit through the pediatric appt. before he gets a cavity filled. Fun. And, he does not know this yet, but I plan a quick run through Wegmans, one of the best grocery stores ever. They have free prescriptions for antibiotics, through March. Anyway, Joseph will be thrilled. Mirielle has class until 12:20, so she can pick Joseph up from school for me....and then stay here and watch Charlotte Claire and Camille for me. Benjamin has the same schedule as her, except he stays later, so they will ride together and he will try to get a ride home, or call me and I will pick him up. So I better have my dinner planned...because it will be a busy afternoon.

I took some of the kids for a ride in the mini van when daddy got home from work in it today. It was not practical, but I did it anyway.Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire. Of course, they waited out there in the freezing cold while I bundled up Charlotte Claire. And by the time I got her out there, there was a huge fight brewing, with Evelyn crying, and Kathryn sputtering about how she did not mean it....and they couldn't find the other end of the seatbelt for the middle seat.....yelling.....not too much fighting over the seats.....but I started it up, and took them for a ride. Pretty exciting. For most kids, to ride in our 15 passenger van, packed full, would be interesting....but for these guys, mini vans: exciting. And, they are NEVER going to leave any garbage in it.....they are planning on shining it up even more. I suggested they clean out the big old van....nah.

Tonight for dinner I made a chicken stew. I floured and browned the chicken in oil with pepper, and then simmered it off and on for the whole day, with 2 cans of chicken broth, a can of cream of celery soup, and some water. A few hours before dinner, I added carrots, then 8 or 9 peeled and cubed potatoes. We had it with rolls. The kids liked it so much they kept asking for more.

It is now morning, I had to jump up and get the crying Camille before she woke up Paul.....

1 comment:

cheryl said...

I also made chicken soup.. to sort of help fight the cold in the house.. the germy one and the temperature one. The last 2 times I've made it I've put in sweet potatoes, and last night I accidentally added pumkin pie spice, thinking it was the poultry seasoning, but it was pretty good anyway. Not that anyone cares...