summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 5, 2009

the school nurse knows me well

She calls me all the time. She called me this morning, in fact. She always wants to know where my kids are. Sometimes when the phone rings, and I look at the caller ID, I panic, and start counting, to be sure I know exactly who is absent. One time she called and asked where Joe was, and I automatically said he wasn't feeling well, thinking he must be in bed. She called back and said he was in school, the bus was just in late. Oops.

Well she called today, and talked to Paul, who is still recovering. Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja, all absent. The five little girls in a row. Only Joseph, Aaron, Mali, and Samuel went today. Margaret and Kathryn really aren't feeling well, Evelyn isn't sure how she feels, and Suzanne and Sonja are on the mend. Abigail is pretty sick now.

I have to leave in a little while to take Aaron and Mali to an eye exam, 40 minutes away. Mirielle is going too, our favorite grocery store is in that area. And I may drag Sam along, he is in desperate need of some new jeans. I will be taking Camille, who just went into a nap, because Paul is not 100% yet, and he won't have much help here. I thought I would have time for a little rest this afternoon in my comfy bed, but time won't permit. So I decided to make a cup of coffee and confiscate my computer back from Margaret, who was watching ,"Lord Of The Rings"....

Jonathan hasn't been sick yet, and but he is low-key today. If you knew Jonathan, you would know this is unusual. I need to add some grape juice to my list. I wish I already had some in the house. Because I haven't been sick yet, nor has Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, Mali, Sam, Jon, Charlotte Claire, or Evelyn. I think I'll buy several bottles. Thank you, Moana. If it works, I owe you a million bucks.

I need to go and write my list so I don't forget kitty food, pull-ups, or toilet paper. Oh, what ever did the pioneers do with out all this stuff all the time?

No comments: