summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

pizza night

Well, the tow truck guy brought Ben's car home, which was really a bonus, they allow one tow per accident, and this car had already been towed to a salvage yard. Benjamin thinks he can save some parts....it doesn't look too bad...until: You look at the other side. He is a very lucky boy to come out of this without a scratch, although he is considerably sore today.









It looks like the truck that hit him struck in the right place....




Here is what the kids are doing. Playing waffletown. All over the living room

Suzanne Eleanor, borrowing mom's computer.









Here is one of our pizzas. This one is a buffalo chicken pizza. We make four pizzas, and now I always make one of these. I started making these when I had leftover chicken in the refridgerator, but now if I don't, I just use some chicken nuggets, microwaved and cut up. What I do is this: spread the dough, (with olive oil), melt 1/2 stick butter or margarine, stir in lots of Franks Hot Sauce, making it to close to a cup. Stir in microwaved chicken or leftover chicken chunks, spread on pizza. Top with cheese, and here I added a few diced tomatoes.

I also made a Tomato-basil/garlic pizza with peppers and onions, cheese, and no sauce, a plain cheese with sauce, a peppers/onions/pepperoni with sauce and cheese.
Today I got a bit of a turn on the treadmill again. Not very long, but better than nothing. And Mirielle made a pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee, and served me a cup. I don't mention all the messes I clean up (like the milk someone spilled on the one comfy kitchen chair), or all the times I lean over and pick up dirty socks, tissues, pennies and Barbie shoes (before Camille eats them), but I do like to remember the good things about the day. Like when Jon was playing Waffletown, and he told Evelyn that most drivers drive nicely, but crazy drivers go in front of Mom......and when he prayed for the dinner for us tonight, and thanked God for American Idol (his sisters are excited that it is starting tonight....) And: the kids are wild tonight. Just wild and loud and it seems like there are dozens of kids in here tonight.. They have way too much energy, and some are playing Wii, and Charlotte Claire was biting the controllers, and kicking at Camille, and Jon is yelling instead of talking, and Sonja is crying at the drop of a pin....and the little girls need showers, and Paul is not here....he is singing at the nursing home with Mirielle and Mali. Sam went to play basketball with some of the boys......he said he would wash pizza pans when he gets home....Camille has energy, and she is the Waffletown King Kong.....and here I sit....I do have to go and take care of these guys, and channel some energy. At least distract Miss Camille.....







4 comments:

Cassandra said...

OMGosh your pizzas look so yummy, I want some pizza LOL
Too bad about Bens car, but lucky for Ben he is okay :-)
I had a little chuckle when i read that Jon thanked God for American Idol ...Too funny

cheryl said...

Becky and I are laughing about Jon's comments and prayer.. He's so funny. It's good you have a blog so you won't forget those things. Grandma and Grandpa would have enjoyed him, maybe they do! Who knows! What did he say about Ben's car?

mommeeof10 said...

I love waffle blocks. We have enough of the smaller ones to fill an 18 gallon tote, plas about 30 of the big ones with the wheel s that you can make cars, etc with.

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

After seeing the car I am very glad to hear Ben was okay! Better to be sore than far worse.

I like those waffle blocks. They look like fun. :)