summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

free lattes at mc donalds, and sick people

Yesterday afternoon/evening: I went galavanting with my teenagers, 4 of the five. Mirielle, Aaron, Mali, and Samuel. First we went to McDonalds, they had free small Lattes and iced coffees. I had two crisp one dollar bills, so I let Sam get a Big Mac, too. We ordered 5 lattes/coffees, and the total was $2.16. Then onto the eye dr., which was in mall, then to shop in Sears a bit, didn't get much, then to Old Navy. Lots of sales, too many. I purchased 47 items for $167. That is alot of money. But it included 3 winter coats. It seems the way things are made these days, they look pretty shabby when they are passed on, or the zippers break....

We decided to forego the rest of the mall in favor of Target. But first, I had to go to the ATM, I had no money, and we were getting hungry, even Sam. So, to McDonalds again. The free coffee/latte thing is from 7am to 7pm every Monday until April 27th. This time, I stayed in the truck and they all went in. I had already had a caramel latte, and did not want another one. They ordered 3 dollar menu items, and got a few ice waters. So, their total was $3.24. I shared a double cheeseburger with Aaron, and Mirielle shared a Mcchicken with Sam, and Sam had a sundae. Mali does not eat McDonalds food. Anyway, into Target. Aaron helped Sam find some jeans, which was nice for me. I didn't buy any Christmas junk for 75%off, I can be a good girl. But I bought Camille a coat for next year for $4.24. And sneakers for Jon in the next size for $4.24. A coat for Mali. Then, Mirielle, Sam, and Mali walked next door to the grocery store while I let Aaron drive around the parking lot for a while. He's not too bad.

The grocery store: I was feeling bad for two reasons: I had left Camille home with Paul who was still recovering, and we were taking forever. #2, I was feeling yucky.

But going out and about with these four is so MUCH FUN! Aaron and Mali spotted a helium balloon on the ceiling in Price-Chopper, so they went and found a "Grabber", which was for sale in the Health and Beauty aisle, and apparently jumped like a hundred times with it before they were able to snag the balloon. Then they came skipping to me with it, saying they begged for a balloon, and the lady finally gave them one. (they give them out to small children in the floral dept.)....well, I was feeling quite awful by this time. I didn't do such a good job shopping, but Mirielle did. She had her own cart, and a coupon for each thing she bought, and everything was on sale, too. She even looked in my cart and found coupons for some of the stuff I had. But by the time we were at the register, I was feeling faint.....

I just got in the truck while they put the stuff away, and as I started to drive away, I asked them to pray for me, that I would make it home without getting sick. Barely, I did. Camille was so glad to see me when I got home, and I was so not glad to see her. She wanted to cuddle and nurse.....and I wanted to cuddle, but not nurse her. Joseph was sick too, now, and things had been a bit crazy here. Oops. I got sweetie pie tucked into bed, and then the fun began, which I will in all kindness spare the details of. Although Abigail and Mirielle were up still for a while, and I told them how things were going, and they laughed their heads off, and I told them I didn't care, go ahead and laugh. It is kind of funny, when you are hit with a double whammy like that. But I felt so awful. Thankfully, Camille only woke once last night. Mirielle was supposed to get the kids off to school this morning, but she overslept. So they woke me up, and she drove them in. Here I am. I feel pretty bad, and want to go back to bed. I hope Mirielle doesn't get sick until I get rested up. Only 4 of the nine kids are at school.....oh well.

Mirielle is back from taking the kids to school. She is coming to my rescue this afternoon again, Aaron has a dentist appointment. Ugh. Tomorrow I have an appointment, and Thursday 4 of us (Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, and I ) are supposed to give blood. I will have to check and see if they still want our blood if we have been sick.....

Well, sorry for such a downer of a post. The thing is, that even though I felt lousy, I had such a great time with the kids last night.....

3 comments:

Enola said...

Thanks for the free latte/coffee info. I wonder if that is all over.

I hope you feel better soon!

Cassandra said...

I hope you feel better soon Della
(((((hugs)))))

FLmom7 said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better very soon. Hugs!