summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 23, 2009

good morning, friday!

Aah. The weekend. It comes into welcome arms, only to disapoint me with it's craziness and disorder....but since I AM the queen of craziness and disorder, we get along just fine....

With my older girls gone to college now, it is just the three little ones and I at home during the day. It is much more challenging to do everything alone (Camille picks some opportune times to wander into the bathroom (WHO LEFT THE DOOR OPEN?!!), there is no one to check on her for me, except for Jon. But there is also some strange satisfaction in doing things myself. With no one to rely on, I have a method to my madness. I plan things out more, have more control.

Yeah, when I am the only responsible (ha) big person here, things hum along....I just have to ignore this little laptop that calls my name. But weekends; everyone going here and there, and kids having friends over...and Paul, he just plain does things different than I do. Not major things, just little things, like giving Camille a cracker to walk around with, or a handful of dry cheerios in the living room....he lets her go into our room with him when he's getting out the next day's clothes, and she gets into things, and he does not even notice. It's a good thing he's so cute. No, I cannot complain about him. I don't sweat it that he does things differently than I do, I so want to have it good with him. And somehow I am guessing that he has to overlook some things with me, too. Every once in a while I get a glaring look at how I am, and think, "How can he love me?"....

Well, Miss Camille calls from her little pink bed.....

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

You know its funny, i get that same glaring look at myself and think exactly the same thing ;-)

Enola said...

Craziness can be fun. I got a look from my husband last night who walked in on my daughter and I having a pillow fight......hey, why not?