summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 17, 2009

fun in the chaos

Okay, how long are these car seats going to be in the living room? The bigger question, how much fun can we possibly have with two car seats in the living room? Jonathan and Charlotte Claire have certainly had fun playing going bye-bye.... Today is an exciting day because: Paul and I are going to look at vehicles. I am not so much excited about the new car as I am about going out alone with Paul. I hope it takes us a long time to decide, and we somehow fit in some lunch somewhere.

Last night, Mirielle wanted to try some brown-sugar kettle corn. Sure, no problem. She looked at the recipe, and told me what to do. But somewhere along the line, we didn't read the part ohere you have to shake continually over medium heat to keep from burning. The part that wasn't burned was delicious. Apparently, you just make popcorn on the stove, and add 1/4 cup o sugar for every 1/2 cup of popcorn, when the oil is nice and hot.....and it comes out like caramel corn....I wasn't up for a second try last night, as it was after 11pm , and my pan was scorched. So I just made a big batch of regular stove top popcorn. I use 2 cups of kernals, and keep pouring off the top stuff....it is SO good.

Jon went over to my sister's house last night, their activity club group met there. Jon is still in the girls' group, as there are no boys his age. He said his cousin Claire, who is 21, has some eight pound weights, and he lifted them, and now he is stronger than Charlotte Claire and Sonja. Life is pretty simple for 4 year olds.

jI have been enjoying Camille in a way that I didn't get to with the other kids, as I was always pregnant or had a new baby by the time they were 14 months old. Except for with Emily, she was 14 months when I got pregnant for Abigail. Anyway, Camille woke up early this morning, and I took her into bed with me, and she nursed for like an hour, eyes wide open, patting me and looking at me. She is so cuddly still. She is also royally spoiled. She walks around fussing to be picked up, and whining for things.

Well, the kids are playing Wii, and computer, and some are sleeping....all the kids from Margaret (and her friend),
on down have eaten breakfast, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, waffles....Only 7 more to go, plus Mali has a friend over.

Well, I am sitting here when I should be brushing my long tangly hair, and cleaning up part one of breakfast......and so many other things....

2 comments:

FLmom7 said...

So cute about the car seats, the little kids always find those irresistible to play with. The kettle corn sounds good (except the burnt part...sounds like something I would do too).

Enola said...

Woo hoo - a date. Even if it is for car shopping