summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 3, 2009

saturday.....

Charlotte Claire has decided to wear underwear. She trotted into the bathroom a few times, and went pee. And need I mention how cute her little rear looks in her undies? Then, she pooped in them. Oh, the drama. I asked her why SHE was crying, I was the one who should cry. It is always the question, when they do that, of how stern to be. It you laugh it off, say it's no big deal, then they will have no incentive not to just poop in every pair of undies you've bought. If you react too firmly, they will just ask to have a diaper on. And then there is the bath question. Oh, she loves baths. I don't want to "reward" her with a bath with each accident, so I shower her off instead. She whined a little, but I just showered her off, got her some clean clothes and a new pair of undies.

I made some pancakes and scrambled eggs this morning, we sat down and had breakfast together, those of us who were awake anyway. We don't always do this on Saturdays, and it was nice. I just discovered I never finished my coffee. So that gives me a free pass to sit here and have some more. With some Royal Dansk cookies, half price after Christmas. It is kind of hard for me to stay home so much, knowing that everybody else is buying all the cheap after Christmas junk that we don't really need......

Mirielle, Aaron, and Mali went x-country skiing today. Oh what fun to have a driver's license for Mirielle. It sort of foiled my plan of all of us trying to go bowling, but we might do something later. Abigail, Mali, and Margaret have some plans later with their activity club group. And the one bowling place we called only has open bowling after 10pm. So what to do with a bunch of kids, for not too much money? The zoo closes at 4:30 in the winter, and we are going after nap time. Paul is actually going too, so I am trying to think of something fun to do. I am usually the fun director. But I think he felt sorry for me because as I tried to get something together, the key helper kids had plans, ect.

I swept my floor today, and you would think it hadn't been swept in a week, instead of just last night after dinner. Then I took the mop to it for a quick clean up. I do admire a clean kitchen floor. Especially when it's mine. And I have done a few loads of laundry. I don't mind throwing it in, but when it's dry and ready to put away, aag. But I do it because. Just because.

Anyway, what I am leading up to, is that today I feel like I earned the right to sit here for a while. I haven't been on the treadmill yet, though.....

The highlight of my day was sitting down on the floor with Jonathan, trying to put together his Thomas Train track, and being interupted by Charlotte Claire's poopy undies. I cannot get up of the floor very quickly, to say the least.....

Oh joy, I just heard one of the most wonderful noises, the sound of hundreds of things falling to the kitchen floor. It was a big bag of Christmas tree shaped Spree Candies that I bought after Christmas for cheap.....someone was sneaking the bag out of the cupboard, someone named Charlotte Claire. I yelled, "Good news, kids, I mopped the floor today, so you can eat them!" So, if you come visit me, don't eat the tree Sprees.

Suzanne and Sonja are doing the old lay on the couch foot-to-foot, kicking thing. Which usually turns from laughing to crying before it's over. A whole couch, with only two kids, and they are both squished. Right.

Well, I am going to look into whether any other bowling places have open bowling this evening.....and then go to plan B, which I am sure I will think of.

1 comment:

maureen said...

Isn't it nice that Charlotte Claire likes the bath...I have some that do not. She sure sounds like she is trying, it just seems like it is so much harder for them to get the hang of knowing when they need to poop and making it to the bathroom. My 4 year old, whose name just happens to be Madyson Claire, still has some trouble with that on occasion. Could it be the "Claire"?LOL!

We had lovely weather today, went for a long walk. It is supposed to be only 15 degrees tomorrow.

Maureen