summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 12, 2009

sunny monday

Benjamin is feeling sore and beat up today. And so regretful that he didn't have collision coverage on a 2000 Grand Prix. Oh well. If wishes were fishes we'd eat them on dishes, as he said.

Today is bright and sunny, and the week's forecast is dismal, cold and snowy. And we are running out of milk and bread. And my college girls are still here....so, that all adds up to a trip to my favorite grocery store today. Angus roast beef, $1.99 a pound. Sliced into steaks and marinated, cheaper than most hamburger.

Today is a good day for a chore list. Last night, I had been running around getting Ben, and helping him find his car, ect, that when I got home, Mali and Aaron were making dinner. (Abigail and Mirielle were gone to a friend's house). They made ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, peas, and opened up some applesauce. After dinner, we cleaned up a bit, and I took an 18 minute walk on the treadmill with some ABBA music. I like the song SOS.....good walking music. I found with music, I go much faster, and it is way more fun. Or should I say not as awful. I finally got myself an MP3 player. Amazing. I am old school, from the land of dinosaurs and record players, 8 track tapes, and big square tape recorders. To have a tiny little device with hundreds of songs on it.....amazing. How did we ever live without these things? How did we go out of the house without a phone, with just an emergency dime to make a call if we had to? And where are all the pay phones now? The kids barely know what a phone booth is....Anyway, the pans didn't end up getting washed last night, and I didn't feel like doing it, or asking anyone else to, as they watched Camille for me so nicely as I treadmilled (Mirielle, I verbed that for you, just to drive you crazy. Did it work?) Anyway, today is a chore list day. I can get the pans washed, the living room vacuumed, the bathrooms cleaned, ect. So when I get home with the groceries, it will be a bit smoother. The thing is with having the kids do these jobs, they don't always do thing exactly like I would like. But....what are ya gonna do? I have been busy this morning, just doing things and taking care of the kids, lots of laundry. There is still plenty to put on my list, though.

Well, time to make my list, and my grocery list. It has been so nice to have Mirielle my coupon shopper home.....

No comments: