summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 30, 2009

what???no fair!!!

That was honestly my initial reation to the news of the woman who had octuplets, and already had six children at home....7 years old, 6, 5, 3, and two year old twins....she had fertility treatments, which resulted in 8 embryos. The doctors were unaware of the eighth, they thought there were 7. Surprise! The mother reused "reduction", which is just a fancy word......but anyway, they now have 14 children, 7 and under. wow.

The girls needed showers, and I fully remembered it yesterday afternoon. And fully forgot it until bedtime. By then I was so tired, that I cheerfully said, "That's okay, we'll just do them in the morning!" Oh, procrastination is so decieving. This morning I had to pay.....their hair wasn't too wet when they went out to the bus, and hey, when the temperatures are in the twenties, it seems almost like spring time, compared to what it has been. And they were dressed in clean neat clothes, and they ate their bagels.....but left their juice on the table....but it won't get wasted, I'll pour it into a bottle for Camille. Yes, even if they drank some. It's called "recycling".....

My husband is such a sweetie. He really, seriously, is. We have these two kitties, General Thunder (Boy Kitty), and Kitten Force (Girl Kitty), they are siblings, and almost 2 years old. See, we had Marilla (Old Kitty) for years and years, and we had to have her put to sleep, she was just so feeble, and peeing everywhere.....so Paul, my husband, who supposedly does not like cats too much (he IS allergic), and he does have a point: they are extra work.....anyway, he let us get another kitty. Norry Cat, he was the best cat. Until the fateful day he got hit by a truck.....it was truly sad. So, Paul said we could get another kitty. Benjamin, my brilliant son, brought home not one but TWO 6 week old kittens, so we could choose. Okay, so it wasn't quite "Sophie's Choice", but come on. How could I choose? I did end up choosing, I chose both. I remember that morning when Paul was all dressed up handsomely in his work clothes, and I was standing there in my nightie, with two kittens all snuggled up......"Please? I really want both....how much more trouble can two be?" (apparently my having-babies-reasoning transfers over to kitties)


Well, Boy Kitty has something wrong with him. He is developing huge bald spots. Last night, Paul said we should call the vet. I was reluctant to do that, I mean, I love General, but the vet...$$$$$......I was just genuinely surprised and touched that Paul is so concerned about the cat. That is just how he is. It isn't just the cat, he knows how much the kids love the cats, especially Joseph, Aaron, and Mali. So, today I am calling the vet.

I went to Wal-Mart the other day. There were sandals, leftover from last year that would fit Charlotte Claire this summer. $3, so I picked up two pair. At the register, they rang up $1. I wanted to go back and get some for my niece, but I had only little kids with me, and it seemed pretty crazy to go back through....So Kim, if you read this, and you are going to town, the Tinkerbell, and Disney Princess sandals are really $1. Heck, for $1, I could buy fifteen pair and let them play shoestore.....

That just reminds me of how much fun it has been having all these little girls. Not counting Jonny, stuck there in the middle of seven girls.....but I should count him, because he is always game for playing house, and shoestore.....but they would get out all their shoes, and the little cash registers, and then get a bunch of bags out, and fill the bags with shoes, then they would get some canned goods from the cupboard, how cute....and fill bags with books, they would really get shopping.....then I would be finding bags filled with stuff forever, and it was NOT theirs, it was their sister's, they already took care of THEIR stuff......

That is the problem with getting old. As soon as you see the cash registers and the bags, you remember how it all ends. Like when they get out the game of Monopoly....you just KNOW it will end in a big fight, and you will have to threaten and cajole them to put the game away......Or when they start making forts.....but here is the thing with me: I seem to have a disconnect in this area, but it is starting to connect a little bit, between the FUN part and the CONSEQUENCES.......it makes me game for dropping everything, and going on an adventure......

I am not getting sick of winter yet. I enjoy the winter cooking, the soups, the turning on the oven in order to heat up the kitchen, instead of avoiding it so we don't heat up the kitchen....making pizzas every week for dinner, in the summer it is too hot to do that. I have four doughs in the refridgerator right now, 88cents each from Walmart.....and lots of cheese....

The part I am getting tired of is the walking on the snow and ice. I hate that. The slush, the dirty vehicles......the piercing wind when I am putting groceries in the van....cold feet....

My little ones are still sleeping, so I could just go on and on....there is alot of nonsense in this head of mine. But I will exercise self-control for once, and go and get started on my morning work, the SAME STUFF I did YESTERDAY!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Janis said...

HOO HOO!! I am laughing at your shoe store story! I find those bags of stuff all the time. The only good thing is that I have the eternal hope that my missing wallet (from 2 years ago) will show up in one of them!

Standinginhislight said...

I really enjoy your real life ramblings, thanks for sharing!
~Sheri

Robin said...

Loved the post!!! I am trying to enjoy winter and am heating my kitchen with the stove, too. Your blog is always uplifting!

Kim said...

Oh Booger!!! I was in Walmart last night but only went to the food section. I'd have ran to the shoes if I'd known. Thanks for the heads-up anyways. Maybe I'll be lucky and there'll be some left next time I'm in there.

AUTISMOMMA said...

I so LOVE visiting your page each day! It is the very first page I go after checking my own blog! Thank you for letting us get a peek at such a wonderful family!