summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 4, 2009

sunday evening

The girls needed showers, school tomorrow! Sonja had some tangly hair....
Suzanne's wasn't so bad. Here she is wearing her favorite nightgown, which was my late mother's. Suze says it reminds her of Gramma, and wears it all the time.

Here is what Evelyn's hair looks like on a regular basis. Tangly is too mild a word for her soft fuzzy hair.


So, I gave her a trim, which was thrilling for her.
She is such a sweetie. I teased her a bit today about the nice little pimple next her nose. I told her it means she is growing up. That lead to some of her older sisters' getting together and telling her all about getting her period. She was slightly embarrassed, but also excited about growing up like her sisters. Anyway, I cut her hair to her shoulders tonight, and she was thrilled.






Poor Camille. She is having a rough day. Tummy ache.
I took a trip to the store in town with Margaret this evening to get some ginger ale for Paul. He has been out of it today, just laying on the couch. When he gets sick, he gets sick. I really hope I don't get it.
Well, they are all tucked in the little ones, and I hope tonight is more uneventful than last night. I took a very nice nap this afternoon, I was having trouble functioning.....it was such a good nap. I woke up to Mirielle making dinner with Evelyn, chicken nuggets, rice-A-roni, and mixed vegetables. I was pretty thankful for that.





2 comments:

moana said...

I am so sorry that link didn't work. I wonder if she has it blocked. I can't imagine why she would. Here is a cut/paste of a part of her post.

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately where people are talking about coming down with the stomach flu and passing it around their whole families. This is not fun, and I have the answer!

Two words: GRAPE JUICE.

Yep, when the first person in your family comes down with the stomach flu, have everyone else in the family start drinking grape juice three times a day. Apparently, this changes the level of acidity in your digestive tract into one that is not conducive to the stomach flu viruses. Since a mother of ten taught me this many years ago, I have never had a stomach bug spread through my family. Not once! (Remember, you have to keep drinking the grape juice three times a day for a couple of days.)

Even better is when you know you or your child have been exposed. You can start the grape juice regimen and avoid the flu altogether.

The blog address (again) is: http://grannysuesnews.blogspot.com/

As of tonight it is still the most recient post.

:) Moana

Anonymous said...

Oh I love grape juice in winter!! I don't drink it 3 times a day though...
good to know anyway! :)