summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 23, 2009

hot tub afternoon





Jonathan and I got in, and when the bus came with Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja, the bigger kids told them where I was.....they came out so excitedly, in their underwear.....why bother with bathing suits? I was in there for an hour....and now I feel tired. (poor me, right?) And: tonight's dinner is already made, I just put it in the oven.....I only have to make a salad, and gets some help setting the table...the kids are pretty low key right now, all relaxed. Charlotte Claire and Camille are still napping. I do have a good life. I always try to notice the special "down" times like now, and be thankful. So I can never say anything like, "I never get a break"......It is of course good to always be thankful, even during the tough times......and it is worth pointing out that if I had a real job, I would work much harder than I do now. No offense to other stay at home moms, I am only speaking for myself. I know I could work harder, I could be mopping the floor right now, goodness knows it needs it. But I take my breaks. Oh, the funnest (that SHOULD be a word, how else can you say it?) thing about being in the hot tub with the three little elementary girls: hearing all about their day....they actually had to take turns, one by one, and then another turn, and another....and then I could tell Jon was chomping to talk, so he got a turn to tell the girls about stuff....oh, it was time well spent. But here I sit.....
Mirielle went to Wal-Mart with Kathryn, to get some supplies for activity club at church tonight. They are making individual pizzas. My kids are such nerds, in a good way. Imagine an almost 19 year old girl rooting for her parents to get a mini van as opposed to just a car, so she can take her little activity club girls places.....
Well, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja all did well on their spelling tests, and are trying to tell me more interesting things about their day....the new boy named Eli, and show and tell.....

3 comments:

Martha said...

That sure smells like spam to me...

Now, I bet those darlings are not out in the hot tub today no matterhow nice the water is. That wind is wicked!

Martha said...

Bad spam! DELETE!

TitansFan said...

Holy cow! I bet after taking care of all of them kids you need some time alone in that tub! My wife and I have a hot tub and 3 kids. It is the best way I've found to relieve the stress. If ya want a tub that fits more of the family, ya might try this one http://www.mybath.biz/servlet/the-374/Swim-Spa-with-Seating/Detail You guys should all be able to fit in it at the same time. Lol! We have steam shower and hot tub from them and they work great.