summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 24, 2009

saturday night....

We had a nice dinner tonight, and chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting for dessert. Our dinner: lasagna (Mirielle made so much, we had leftovers), salad, beer-battered onion rings. We only had eleven people for dinner tonight, as a few boys were at hockey, and Abigail is gone for the weekend...and Ben is at work, and of course Emily is gone to Norway.....



It is absolutely freezing here again, so we have been in all day, except those who have ventured out to get wood, or shovel the driveway. Yes Martha, way too cold and windy for the hot tub. But yesterday, my gosh it was like a summer day here, I think it was 40 degrees out there. And partially sunny! It felt nice.



Tomorrow, we are going to a local cafe, they are displaying some artwork from our high school, and Joseph has something there. He of course does not want to go, but we want him to.



Yesterday, Paul referred me to a blog he reads, there was a comment from a woman, childless by choice, who was bashing "mommybloggers"....she was mainly referring to a blog written by a sad, confused woman who did not love her daughter, and wrote all about it...the basher thinks it's criminal how we moms write all the details of our kids lives, and invade their privacy. Well, there is a fine line between me sharing my life, and what is not okay to share because of their privacy. And sometimes I second guess myself. But I don't think too many people read this. I do not have a tracker, because I do not really want to know. I tell myself that like ten people read it....and when I write, I just write what I feel like, and try not to think of how it comes across. My reasons for writing this blog:

I just really like to write.

I like to put picture up, it is fun, and it's interesting to look back on.

I hope that people can read this and get a bit of help in some way, to realize that with God all things are possible, and our competency (or lack of it, in my case) has nothing to do with being pleasing to God.(By the way, there is an article on the www.brunstad.org page about a young man we know who lived through a terrible tradgedy, in 2004. His house burned down when he was in Ottawa, his pregnant wife and seven children all died in the fire.....he has really trusted God through it all)

Well, the girls are starting a movie, and I cannot watch and type...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I read your blog every time you write and really enjoy being a part of your family through the internet. There is a magazine called "Above Rubies" that I think you would enjoy. It is a Christian magazine written by women for women and is focused on encouraging women in their calling as mothers. There are a lot of big families that contribute to it and is a really uplifting magazine. If you are interested the website is: http://www.aboverubies.org/ and you can go there and sign up for the magazine, which is free, and it comes out every few months. God bless.

Nanny Debbie said...

I LOVE reading your blog !! I read it everytime you post and I love the style in which you write it. I feel like i'm right there with you. I would love to have a big family like yours one day and your such an inspiration to me. Don't ever stop writting your blog!

FLmom7 said...

I'm glad you blog, I enjoy your writing. I blog for the same reasons you do.

Do you know how funny it sounds to use smaller families when you say you "only had to cook for 11"? LOL!

maureen said...

I agree with the consensus...please keep on blogging! I love to read your writing and I feel like I have learned a lot from you and your beautiful family.

Maureen