summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 2, 2009

my morning

I got a bit of extra sleep this morning, Camille was up around 8, and decided to go back to sleep. I nursed her for a long time and was careful not to move a muscle or so much a sigh. So back to bed I went, for another hour. Then Paul got a call from work, which woke me up too, so I decided to sneak on the treadmill before she woke up again. Which is a big sacrifice for lazy me who would rather be on this very computer. So, first I had to get dressed and washed up, then into the laundry room for a pair of socks. Oh, I should throw in a load of towels. Rats, stuff in the washer. Rats, stuff in the dryer. 15 minutes later, a load of towels started, and I am on the treadmill. Nothing big, just 13 minutes of walking as fast as I could. But better than nothing. Then Camille got up. And Suzanne convinced me that the only thing she wanted to eat for breakfast after being sick yesterday, was some ice cream. So, sure, all the little girls and Jon can join her and have cinnamon toast and ice cream for breakfast. By the time the icecream was melted enough to serve, Suzanne changed her mind and didn't feel like eating. Oh well, ice cream for the rest of them. My logic in letting them do this: Often the older kids have some when the little ones are in bed. So this gave them the chance to actually get some of it before it is all gone.

Camille is a human vacuum cleaner. She always has something in her mouth. I do not know how she finds so much to taste. It reminds me of the "Will it Float" thing on David Letterman, only "Can I Eat It", she plays.

Well, kids need me, and I have more than enough to do.

No comments: