summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 16, 2009

friday night

The kids have gone to activity club. Evelyn Joy....
Aaron with Sonja K.

What? He will love that I put this picture on, I'm sure.
He was taking pictures of the OTHER cat in the new car seat....

I did go to the car dealer in town. And remember a few posts ago, when I said I would have to wear my sneakers, since it is so cold and I don't have any boots? I said I would look like a farmer.....so imagine my complete un-surprise when the dealer/guy/salesman asked me if I lived on the old Zims farm. Not just a farmer, but a Mennonite farmer. And no offense to Mennonites, or farmers, but .........we don't even HAVE A GARDEN!
Apparently, the information I gained from braving the freezing windy weather to tromp around looking at vehicles was negligable. My dear husband wanted me to inquire about a Mitsubishi, and I didn't see one there, so I did not inquire. Apparently he checked their web site, and sure enough, there was one there. oops. I mean, what did he think, sending me? I basically said, "I don't know anything, I want something cheap, fits a lot of people, good gas milage, 4wheel drive, low milage.......it does not exist. Much less at the used-dealership in town.....
I DID see a Saturn Relay minivan that I liked. Was too expensive, though. And not 4wheeldrive. And I liked a little red Saturn Vue. Cheap, low milage. But only seated 5. Oh well. I was glad when I got home that someone had actually started the spaghetti sauce for dinner. With the kids going to activity club on Friday night, we have to eat early enough for them to get out the door.
I feel like I could use some unterupted quiet time. I feel like the thoughts that come into my head leave before I can think about them, and then I forget what it was I remembered. And no, I am not crazy. Perfectly sane. Which is why I am starting to think about our second annual overnight-at-a-hotel-night. Last year being the first annual, of course. We had so much fun. My kids just do not get to go to hotels, our vacations consist of camping. So last year I packed up all the younger ones, and Abigail, then Aaron on down, and got two rooms in a small city near here, that the kids had never been to. The hotel had a dinner buffet, and breakfast buffet, and it was freezing winter, and we spent alot of time in the pools. I would like to go to a different place this year. If we were allowed to just get one room and squeeze in , it would be better. But two rooms is already pushing if not exceeding the limit. And this year will be harder than last year. Last year Camille was just a little baby, and so easy. She slept through the night, even when we went away. Now....ha. She woke up last night, and was awake for over an hour. Nursing, humming, scratching around in her bed.....but, I am still alive.
Well, I have to things to think about....



3 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

I just love your posts!

Thanks for your comment about mothering. I never had a good role model from my mother so this mothering stuff is extra hard sometimes. I appreciate your comments and your posts about your family.

Love,
glenda

cheryl said...

In case I don't talk to you too soon, it was lots of fun tonight.. Jon is hilarious, and I think the girls had a nice time, too!

Barb said...

I do enjoy reading your blog about your everyday life. Question: How on earth did I find you? How did you get such a following? I'd LOVE to have people following my blog! Do you have any advice for a beginning blogger?!!! LOL
Hey - stay warm in NY - we are freezing in IL also.
barbandtheboys.blogspot.com
Barb W.
my email address is:
bwatson@bethalto.org (only if you get time to write - I understand!)